Sunday, July 23, 2017

God's Dream . . .


And God said:
I myself will dream a dream
within you.
Good dreams come from me
you know.


My dreams seem impossible,
Not too practical,
Not for the cautious   
woman or man,
A little risky sometimes,
A trifle brash perhaps.


Some of my friends prefer
To rest more comfortably,
In sounder sleep,
With visionless eyes.


But for those who share my dreams,
I ask a little patience,
A little humor,


Some small courage,
And a listening heart.
I will do the rest.


 
Then they will risk,
And wonder at their daring
Run, and marvel at their speed;
Build, and stand in awe at the beauty
of their building.


You will meet me often as you work:
In your companions,
who share your risk;
In your friends,
who believe in you enough
to lend their own dreams,
Their own hands, 
Their own hearts,
To your building;


In the people who will find
your doorway,
Stay awhile, and walk away
Knowing they, too, can find a dream . . .


There will be sun-filled days,
And sometimes it will rain.
A little variety!
Both come from me.


So come now,
Be content.
It is my dream you dream:
My house you build;
My caring you witness;
My love you share;
And this is
the heart of the matter.  


sc ~ rgs

No comments:

Post a Comment