Thursday, August 29, 2019

Three is Key . . .

 
 
 
The 3 Hurdles


A disciple arrives at Socrates’ house very agitated and starts speaking to him and saying:

-Master!  I want to tell you how a friend of yours was talking about you not in a very nice way . . .

Socrates interrupted him by saying:

-Wait!  Have you passed what you are going to tell me through the test of 3 Hurdles?

-The 3 Hurdles???

-Yes, replied Socrates, the first is TRUTH.

-Have you examined carefully if what you want to tell me is true in all its points?

-No . . . I heard the neighbors saying . . .

-But at least you must have passed it by the second hurdle, which is KINDNESS.  What you want to tell me is at least good?

-No, not really, on the contrary . . .

-Ah!  interrupted Socrates – then let’s go to the last hurdle.  Is it NECESSARY that you tell me this?

-To be honest, no . . . it’s not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment