Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Morning Prayer (Part Two)


With that last bolt of lightning
a great calm came over me
and I felt free
the way I always feel, when
I’m finally able to own the truth.


God gave me back the pieces of my heart
without trying to fix them up or mend them
The Holy One looked at me with trust
with total confidence
as if to say,
I’ll be here when you’re ready to begin
the transformation of your heart
for we both know
Your love is too small
That’s why your heart is so divided
That’s why the pieces never seem to fit.


I took the pieces back with reverence
My tears proclaiming
the truth of all I felt.
There was no pressure, no force
just the God of morning
asking for my love.


And now, every time I see those flashes
in the northern sky
I hear again, a voice
saying simply,
Your love is too small.
And I weep; I weep at the possibility
of who I could be.
(Used with permission)


Too Small a Love
Author: Macrina Wiederkehr
Seasons of Your Heart (1991)

No comments:

Post a Comment