Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Blessings . . .



Thank you, God
for this season of sun and slow motion,
of games and porch sitting,
of picnics and light green fireflies
on heavy purple evenings;
and praise for slight breezes.
It’s good, God, as the first long days of your creations.


Let this season be for me
a time of gathering together the pieces
Into which my busyness has broken me.
O God, enable me now to grow wise through reflection,
peaceful through the song of the cricket,
recreated through the laughter of play.


Most of all God,
Let me live easily and grace-fully for a spell,
so that I may see other souls deeply,
share in a silence unhurried,
Listen to the sound of sunlight and shadows,
explore barefoot the land of forgotten dreams and shy hopes,
and find the right words to tell another who I am.


(Ted Loder, Guerrillas of Grace)


No comments:

Post a Comment