Monday, June 22, 2015

Remembering . . .

I Remember Now In Silence 

God, plunge me deep into a sense of sadness
at the pain of my sisters and brothers
 inflicted by war,
 prejudice,
 injustice,
 indifference,
that I may learn again to cry as a child
until my tears baptize me
into a person who touches with care
those I now touch in prayer;
 victims of violence,
 of greed,
 of addictions,
 prisoners in ghettos,
 in old age,
 in sexism,
 people with broken bodies,
 with broken hearts,
 with broken lives,
whom I remember now in silence before you
because I have too often forgotten them
in the shuffle of my fretful busy-ness.


(Author: Ted Loder, Guerrillas of Grace)





Left to right top: Cynthia Hurd, Clementa Pinckney, Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, Tywanza Sanders. Left to right bottom: Ethel Lance, Depayne Middleton-Doctor, Susie Jackson, Daniel Simmons Sr

§  Cynthia Hurd, 54
§  Rev Clementa Pinckney, 41
§  Rev Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, 45
§  Tywanza Sanders, 26
§  Ethel Lance, 70
§  Rev Depayne Middleton-Doctor, 49
§  Susie Jackson, 87
§  Rev Daniel Simmons Sr, 74
§  Myra Thompson, 5

No comments:

Post a Comment