Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Covenant


God
knocks at my door
seeking a home for his son:
Rent is cheap, I say.

I don’t want to rent. I want to buy, says God.

I’m not sure I want to sell,
but you might come in to look around.

I think I will, says God.

I might let you have a room or two.
I like it, says God.  I’ll take the two. You might
decide to give me more someday. I can wait, says God.


I’d like to give you more but it’s a bit difficult.  I need some space for me.
I know, says God, but I’ll wait. I like what I see.


Hmm, maybe I can let you have another room.  I really don’t need that much.
Thanks, says God.  I’ll take it.  I like what I see.


I’d like to give you the whole house but I’m not sure . . .Think on it, says God.  I wouldn’t put you out. 
Your home would be mine and my son would live in it. You’d have more space than you’d ever had before
.


I don’t understand at all.I know says God, but I can’t tell you about that. 
You have to discover it for yourself. That can only happen if you let him have the whole house.


A bit risky, I say.
Yes, says God, but try me.


I’m not sure  . . .  I’ll let you know.
I can wait, says God. I like what I see.


     Margaret Halaska, osf

No comments:

Post a Comment