Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Mary Magdalene . . .Letting go with Easter Love! . . .

 

(Source Unknown)


MARY MAGDALA’S EASTER PRAYER

Author: Ron Rolheiser, OMI (1985)

I never suspected

            Resurrection

                        and to be so painful

                        to leave me weeping

With Joy

           to have met you, alive and smiling, outside an 

           empty tomb

With Regret

            not because I’ve lost you

            but because I’ve lost you in how I had you –

            in understandable, touchable, kissable, clingable flesh

            not as fully Lord, but as graspably human.

 

I want to cling, despite your protest

            cling to your body

            cling to your, and my, clingable humanity

            cling to what we had, our past.

 

But I know that…if I cling

            you cannot ascend and

            I will be left clinging to your former self

            …unable to receive your present spirit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment