Friday, February 5, 2021

Loving Us Into Becoming . . .

 

  


And God said:

I myself will dream a dream within you.

Good dreams come from me you know.

My dreams seem impossible,

Not too practical,

Not for the cautious woman or man,

A little risky sometimes,

A trifle brash perhaps.

 

Some of my friends prefer

To rest more comfortably,

In sounder sleep,

With visionless eyes.         

But for those who share my dreams, I ask a little patience,

A little humor, Some small courage,

And a listening heart.

I will do the rest.

 

Then they will risk, And wonder at their daring

Run and marvel at their speed;           

Build, and stand in awe at the beauty of their building.

 

You will meet me often as you work;   

In your companions, who share your risk;

In your friends, who believe in you enough to lend their own dreams,

Their own hands, 

Their own hearts,

To your building;

 

In the people who will find

your doorway,

Stay awhile, and walk away

 Knowing they, too, can find a dream . . .

There will be sun-filled days,

And sometimes it will rain.

A little variety!

Both come from me.

 

So come now,

Be content.

It is my dream you dream:

My house you build;

My caring you witness;

My love you share;

 

And this is

 the heart of the matter.  

Sister Charity, RGS -


No comments:

Post a Comment