Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Beatitudes . . .we are all blessed!


 
Reflecting on the Beatitudes


Blessed are the poor in spirit…

Do I fear being poor, in spirit or otherwise?

Do I prefer to be rich in money, brains or influence?

Blessed are those who mourn…

Do I grieve over the pain in the lives of others?

Do I mourn over war, poverty, hunger, injustice?

Blessed are the meek…

Do I understand nonviolence as a way to fight evil with good?

Do I live that way?

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for justice…

Have I kept myself ignorant of current events that are clearly injustices?

Am I trying to improve life for others?

Have I kept silent when I should have spoken out against injustice?

Blessed are the merciful…

Are there places in my life where others are suffering because of my

lack of mercy?

What is my attitude toward capital punishment, ex-convicts, the poor?

Blessed are the pure of heart…

Am I open and honest about who I am?

Do I take time for prayer, solitude, community?

Blessed are the peacemakers…

Is my presence a source of peace?

Do I support violence in films, sports?

Have I read and supported official church statements against war and

violence in all its forms?

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake…

Do I worship security and fear costly discipleship?

Who are my heroes?

Do I live a truly Christian life in witness to the teachings of Jesus?
Author/original source Unknown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment