Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Pentecost Prayer . . .

 

Photo by Doris Klein, CSA


Touch Me with Truth that Burns Like Fire


Lord, send the gift of your Spirit

to fill this place and myself

and the world.

 

Touch me with truth that burns like fire,

with beauty that moves me like the wind;

and set me free, Lord,

free to forgive myself and others;

free to love and laugh and sing;

free to lay aside my burden of security;

free to join the battle for justice and peace;

free to see and listen and wonder again

at the gracious mystery of things and persons;

 

free to be, to give, to receive,

to rejoice as a child of your Spirit.

 

And, Lord,

teach me how to dance,

to turn around

and come down where I want to be,

in the arms and heart of your people

and in you,

that I may praise and enjoy you forever.

Author: Ted Loder

From: Guerrillas of Grace

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment