Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A Candlelight prayer . . .

http://doriskleincsa.com/  Image by Doris Klein., CSA
 Softening the Soul
(by Robert J. Wicks)

Lighting a candle
in a dark room
is a small gentle act of peace.
When the match touches the wick,
time slows down
and the race to the future ceases.
Worries are consumed
anxiety burns out
and I sigh deeply.
Watching the flickering light
is a graceful prayer
which eases my stress and lessens my strain.
Finally when the flame goes out
I turn quietly back,
to the events of the day
And find everything changed because of the time
I sat softening my soul
...by candlelight.


                                     http://www.paulistpress.com/Products/5213-4/softening-the-soul.aspx                                                  
                                                                         Snow Falling on Snow Bookmark                                                                           
Used with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment