Thursday, May 15, 2014

Raining in the Spring!




A Rainy Day Psalm

I greet, you, Pilgrim Rain, mystic, ancient traveler,
visiting me today, washing over our land, soaking the earth
enriching I, nourishing growth with greening gifts of life.
But you are only passing by, briefly streaming past my door
on your pilgrimage to the sea.


You are a pilgrim who blesses all you touch;
O gentle yet powerful pilgrim, stone-carver and sand-maker,
what hidden gift you have for me? . . .


“But I, by my downpour descending from the sky
and flowing past your door, have altered your life today:
your outdoor plans now rearranged, your neat agendas put on hold.
Learn of me how little you control in your life; yet, by
changing your present plans, I offer you entrance to a timeless reality,
a chance to listen and be present to the One who is always beyond.”



Thank you, Pilgrim Rain: it’s a small but beautiful gift
to be reminded of the reality of life.
Soon the fireball of my day-star sun will pierce with long
yellow fingers your mobile home of gray clouds,
and the wind will push them onward to send you
on your restless way again.


Thank you for your holy pilgrim’s gift:
may I live like you, always on the move,
my home the endless journey, sacred-sea-bound.
May I live like you, falling and rising;
nourishing always, till I ascend, once and for all.
(Ed Hays/Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim)



No comments:

Post a Comment