Thursday, November 17, 2016

In Thanksgiving for Abundance!

In Thanksgiving . . .

“We thank our God every time we think of you. In every prayer we utter, we rejoice at the way you have all continually helped promote the Good News of Peace with Justice from the very first day. We are sure of this much, that the God, who has begun this good work in you, will carry it through to completion. Our prayer is that your love may abound more and more, both in understanding and in wealth of experience, so that with a clear conscience and blameless conduct you may learn to value the things that really matter, up to the day of Christ Jesus. It is our wish that you be found rich in the harvest of justice which Jesus Christ has ripened in you, to the glory and praise of God.” (Adapted from Philippians 1:1-11)

We thank you for visiting our CSA website and this blog. We wish you blessings and thank you for your prayers and support.
 

Gratefully,
 Sister Jean



Thanksgiving Prayer 

 In the spirit of humility we give thanks for all that is.
 We thank the great spiritual beings who have shared their wisdom.
 We thank our ancestors who brought us to where we are now.
 We are grateful for the opportunity to walk this planet,
 to breathe the air,
 to taste the food,
 to experience sensations of a human body/mind,
 to share in this wonder that is life.
 We are grateful for the natural world that supports us,
 for the community of humankind that enables us to do many wondrous things.
 We are grateful that we are conscious,
 that as intelligent beings we can reflect upon the many gifts we have been given. ~ Tom Barrett



 Native American Prayers

Oh Great Spirit,
 Whose voice I hear in the wind,
 Whose breath gives life to the world,
 Hear me!
 I come to you as one of your many children.
 I am small and weak.
 I need your strength and wisdom.
 May I walk in beauty.
 Make my eyes behold the red and purple sunset.
 Make my hands respect the things that you have made,
 And my ears sharp to hear your voice.
 Make me wise so that I may know the things
That you have taught your children--
 The lessons that you have hidden in every leaf and rock.
 Make me strong, not to be superior to my brothers, but to be
 able to fight my greatest enemy: myself.
 Make me ever ready to come to you with straight eyes, so that
 When life fades as the faded sunset
 My spirit will come to you without shame. 

 ~ John Yellow Lark


 Earth Teach Me to Remember
 Earth teach me stillness
 as the grasses are stilled with light.
 Earth teach me suffering
 as old stones suffer with memory.
 Earth teach me humility
 as blossoms are humble with beginning.
 Earth Teach me caring
 as the mother who secures her young.
 Earth teach me courage
 as the tree which stands alone.
 Earth teach me limitation
 as the ant which crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom
 as the eagle which soars in the sky.
 Earth teach me resignation
 as the leaves which die in the fall.
Earth teach me regeneration
 as the seed which rises in the spring.
 Earth teach me to forget myself
 as melted snow forgets its life.
 Earth teach me to remember kindness
 as dry fields weep in the rain.
 ~ Ute, North American


 

No comments:

Post a Comment