Friday, November 14, 2014

The Courage to BE Myself!



The Courage to Be Myself . . .
I have the courage to . . .
Embrace my strengths ~
Get excited about life ~
Enjoy giving
and receiving love ~ Face and transform
my fears ~ Ask for help and support
when I need it ~
Spring free of the Superwoman Trap~
Trust myself ~ Make my own decisions
and choices ~ Befriend myself ~

Complete
unfinished business ~
Realize that I have
emotional and practical rights ~
Talk as nicely to myself
as I do to my plants ~ Communicate
lovingly with understanding as my goal ~
Honor my own needs ~
Give myself credit for my accomplishments ~
Love the little girl within me ~
Overcome my addiction to approval ~
Grant myself permission to play ~

Quit being a Responsibility Sponge ~
Feel all of my feelings and act on them
appropriately ~ Nurture others because
I want to, not because I have to ~
Choose what is right for me ~ Insist on being
paid fairly for what I do ~
Set limits and boundaries and stick by them ~
Say “yes” only when I really mean it ~
Have realistic expectations ~ Take risks and
accept change ~ Grow through challenges ~

Be totally honest with myself ~
Correct erroneous beliefs and assumptions ~
Respect my vulnerabilities ~
Heal old and current wounds ~
Savor the mystery of Spirit ~
Wave good-bye to guilt ~ Plant “flower,”
not “weed” thoughts in my mind ~
Treat myself with respect and teach others
to do the same ~
Fill my cup first, then nourish
others from the overflow ~
Own my own excellence ~

Plan for the future but live
in the present ~
Value my
intuition and wisdom ~
Know that I am lovable ~
Celebrate the differences between
women and men ~ Develop healthy,
supportive relationships ~
Make forgiveness a priority ~
Accept myself just as I am now ~

(Author Unknown)




No comments:

Post a Comment